I draw on an extensive range of publications and digital resources to enable a bespoke teaching/learning programme to be developed based upon the age, experience, needs and interests of the individual.
Frequently used series include:
- John Thompson’s Adult Piano Course
- The Classic Piano Course (Barratt)
- Michael Aaron Piano Course
- Piano Time (Hall)
- Piano Adventures: Accelerated and Adult (Faber & Faber)
- Joining the Dots (Bullard)
- Improve Your Sight Reading (Harris)
- Classics to Moderns (Agay)
Pupils with more experience can enjoy a rich array of progressive works from the standard repertoire.
I make use of digital resources such as recordings and apps to diversify the lessons, and include ideas on ways to use and enjoy them during home practice. Video and audio-recording equipment is available to encourage discussion and evaluation of playing/performances in the lesson.